Monday, June 26, 2017

Rinehart-Introduction post

Hi everyone! My name is Codi Rinehart, I'm 26 years old and I am a Miami native. I moved to North Carolina with my family about a year and half ago and I love it! A little background about me; I have an Undergraduate degree in Psychology from a private school in Miami, Saint Thomas University and I soon after obtaining my undergrad degree realized that I did not want to continue a career in Psychology. I then fell into substitute teaching, where I remained for a year, and I completely fell in love with teaching. The next school year I became an assistant teacher where I remained for another year and a half until moving up here to NC. Here in NC I taught Pre-K for a little over a year until I decided to go back to school in order to get licensed and be able to teach Elementary School age, and here I am! I am really big into fitness and I currently do CrossFit as well as Olympic Weightlifting (it keeps me sane!). I am currently a nanny for two twin boys which keeps me very busy but I love it! Can't wait to get to meet everyone and learn more about Teaching Literature to youngsters! HAPPY SUMMER!
I just realized I completely missed the part about the book! A book that I remember from growing up was Rainbow Fish. And it's funny that when I was teaching Pre-K recently I found myself reading all of the different Marcus Pfister books just because I really enjoyed his work when I was young. Rainbow Fish does a great job showing young children how to share and letting children know that it's okay to be different and it's also good to share good qualities about you with others. I love children's books!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Codi, welcome to Children's Lit! Do you have memories a book that was significant to you as a child?

    ReplyDelete