Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Breanna Newton Introduction

Hello!! My name is Breanna Newton and I am excited to be part of the MAT pilot program at NC State. I am from a quiet town in Upstate New York snow belt area and attended college in Wilson, NC for my undergraduate degree. This was where I grew to love NC and after graduating, I moved back home to NY and it never felt the same and I was so over the below zero weather. I was a workaholic as a Manager in a grocery store known as Wegmans. It took a lot out of me having a life and enjoying family. Once my miracle child was born in 2014, my life's goal was beginning to change. Due to my husband relocating to Middlesex, NC for his job 2 years ago, I decided to make a career change and embrace teaching. I love working with children and enjoy teaching bible class at my church in Wilson, NC.



The books that I remember from my childhood being so important to me and that I enjoyed reading was The Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin. I loved the adventures and the craziness that would happen in these books. 

I am so excited to be taking this course and with a little one getting back in to the great stories from my day as well as finding new books to share with my son and the children I will be teaching in the classrooms. 

1 comment:

  1. Breanna--welcome to the world of teaching! Ann M. Martin continues to write for children, and one of the most interesting "updates" I have seen to older children's literature is converting traditional novels to graphic novels. Martin has partnered with graphic novelist Raina Telgemeier to publish four Babysitters Club graphic novels--a great way to engage a new generation of children with these stories! http://goraina.com/books_bsc.html

    ReplyDelete